It's election day!
What better time to review some of the big issues that have defined the campaign before you head to the polls and vote. rabble is here for you, friends.
First, and most importantly, we're going to say it again: vote! rabble.ca has all the information a voter might need at GO VOTE before they head to the poll.
Let's get started, shall we?
- To begin: a useful primer if you're still confused about how to vote under Fair Election Act. You can! Here's how!
- Also, please tell your friends they can vote at their polling station even if they haven't registered.
- Still questioning whether you should vote? We think you (and your friends!) should just do it. Here's all the voter mobilization and information tools you could want at our GO VOTE page.
- Are you in a Conservative swing riding? Check out our Votes Count Here series which takes a look at some of the closest ridings in the country.
- Attention! When you're voting, check your ballot! There have been some printing errors reported and you don't want your vote counted as spoiled.
- Need something to listen to on your way to the polls? rabble's Parliamentary correspondent Karl Nerenberg has been podcasting this election. Listen to this special series here.
- Here's a last minute proposal from founding rabble publisher Judy Rebick: Think before you jump.
- The Gagnier scandal is a good reminder of what the Liberals do when they're in power says Karl Nerenberg. Hmm, good to remember.
- Claims were made. A lot of them untrue. But Nora Loreto brought the truth in her daily fact check column. Get some facts before you head to the polls.
- Racism and Xenophobia have risen to prominence this election, especially with the debate over the niqab. Monia Mazigh took it on her latest column.
- And let's not forget Islamophobia reared it's ugly head this election. But Ehab Lotayef has some thoughts for any Arabs and muslims who might be wondering how they should vote.
- There have been so many abuses of power by Harper presented in the mainstream media as well… successes. Amira Elghawaby spins the Harper history the right way.
- Also, let's not forget the real legacy of Stephen Harper because it's pretty terrible.
- Find out where the federal parties stand on a host of issues like water rights, women's rights, Indigenous issues and more.
- Will the new boss be the same as the old boss? Michael Keefer's been looking back on voter suppression in Canada and the robocall scandal.
- Have you ever wondered what it might be like to be a Tory insider? Look no further than this report on statements by MP Brent Rathgeber.
- If you've got no one around to talk politics with, your compadres await you online at babble. Join the conversation here.
- rabble President Duncan Cameron joined the babble crew for a town hall discussion on the political discussion and debate this election.
- Our northern blogger Lewis Rifkind has been following Yukon's electoral race. If you're interested in that, may we suggest reading this entire blog?
- No matter which party wins the election, there will be work for progressives to do -- Murray Dobbin takes on the post-election task list.
See you at the polls, friends.